Here is the link if you want to follow along. trackmytour.com/FVmsJ.
What a day of mis-adventures! Hopefully we got them all out of the way.
The day started with a broken pedal on Ben's bike. We cycled to a bike shop for a quick replacement.
Then I lost a sandal.
Then storm bursts with high winds and driving rain. They would last about an 10 minutes - we cycled through about 3 of them. One storm burst we took shelter in a barn.When we left the barn, I left my fany pack behind. My fany pack holds my license, cash, credit card and cell phone.
I noticed it missing about 2 miles after leaving the barn. I took the packs off the bike and left the packs & Ben at a gas station while I cycled back to the barn. There it was-right where I had left them.
The temperatures reached 88 degrees with humidity to match. The last 10 miles were a challenge because of the high winds that accompanied the tornado warnings.
we got the tent sent up pronto to avoid driving rain and high winds that threatened to strike at any moment.
No tornado came. The humidity disappeared. I am looking forward to a cool comfortable night after a dinner of space food provided by Ben from the air space museum in DC.
Today's stats: Left from the hostel at 9:30. 10:15 from the bike shop. Arrived at Lake Cayuga state park campground at 6:15. Total mileage 55.3


No comments:
Post a Comment